Wednesday, June 10, 2015

WIP Wednesday - I Love Gravity!

I have been having so much fun with the Gravity Quilt Along hosted by Busy Hands Quilts.  If you haven't jumped on board yet, there's still time.

Here is Block 5 - Celestial:

Kona:  Parrot, Kiwi, Sour Apple, Leprechaun, Grasshopper, and Jungle

Kona:  Bright Pink, Azalea, Punch, Salmon, Melon, and Candy Pink

I'm hoping to win a prize for the Block 4 linkup.  One of the prizes is Skip the Borders book by Jaybird Quilts -- I have been wanting it for some time.



Checking off so many Kona colours.  I just might achieve my goal of using all 303 colours.

Block 1 - Horizon
Block 2 - Constellation
Block 3 - Orbit
Block 4 - Intergalactic



The 2015 New Quilt Bloggers is being hosted by Stephanie @Late Night Quilter, Cheryl @Meadow Mist Designs, Yvonne @Quilting Jetgirl, and Terri Ann @Childlike Fascination.  I decided to participate so I could meet some new friends and learn new things.

2015 New Quilt Bloggers Group


Linking up with:

Sew Fresh Quilts                          



8 comments:

  1. Really interesting how the shades come together Anja. Good luck with the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such precisely pieced blocks! Hope you do win the Skip the Borders book. That was THE first modern quilting book I had ever seen. Our library is sort of lacking in good quilting books, so that one was a rare find. Glad to see you are in the new blogger hop. You will have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming right along! Seeing Val's finished top this week makes me want to make it even more! Cannot wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! They are looking great, Anja :) Can't wait to see them all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes indeed, those blocks are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes indeed, those blocks are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really enjoying watching these gravity blocks across blogland, it looks like a fab quilt! Are these blocks paper pieced?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the subtle variations in the colours of this JayBird Design. I have grown to love working with solids. Can't wait to see yours finished

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.