Thursday, May 3, 2018

TGIFF - Banner Year

Welcome to Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday, being hosted here in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.

TGIFF is your opportunity to showcase your finishes from this week and to see what other great projects have been created.



This is Banner Year, a pattern by Andrea @ 3rd Story Workshop.  You can find Andrea's patterns here.  This is the lap-sized version.


I love this polka background.


I followed the pattern and made two-colour banners in rainbow colours.


Love this backing!!


Every time I take photos of quilts, the wind is blowing, and it's hard to get good photos.  Taking these photos, no wind whatsoever, not even a slight breeze.  I wanted the banners to "wave" in the wind.



This is one of my FAL 2018 Q2 goals.

Now it's time for you to link up your finishes.  Link up your blog post showing off your finished project using the linkup below.  Don't forget to visit a few blogs to spread some quilty love and encouragement.  Please include the TGIFF button or link in your blog post so your followers can also view all the great finishes.



Here are other ways you can share your finish:

Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hand Quilts 
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation 


17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous finish Anja! Those little polka dots really are perfect! Great job. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wavy quilting lines give the impression of the banners waving in the wind, even if your normally blustery maritime climate isn’t cooperating.
    It too love the polka dots and that backing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty banners in rainbow order! Beautiful finish, Anja!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finish Anja, lovely photos too even if the weather didn't cooperate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one time you want the wind...The quilt is beautiful, Anja, even if the wind wouldn't help the banners to fly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous finish, Anja, and thanks for hosting TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilt and I like those wavy lines. Greetings from Winnipeg. Go Jets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious that the wind would NOT blow when you wanted it to!! Beautiful quilt; I am so in love with rainbow quilts, all and any!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that polka dot background, goes perfectly with the rainbow banners! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty quilt. I love the backing as well. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No finishes for me I just never have as much time to sew as I need to get things done! But this quilt is stunning! I also love the polka dots, and the bright colors. I had to laugh when you said every time you take photos of quilts the wind is blowing except the one time you want it to! It always blows where I live and I could totally see this happening to me as well. Congrats on a gorgeous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great quilt Anja! The quilting gives the impression the pennants are fluttering in the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your quilt is lovely. I am a polka dot lover, little ones, big ones, many colored ones! Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why is it the wind never cooperates? This is a beautiful finish, from the rainbow of flags to the wavy quilting. Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it, so beautiful! Congrats on the finish. Thanks for linking up on behalf of the 2018 global Finish-A-Long hosts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.