Wednesday, February 14, 2018

WIP Wednesday - Classic Meets Modern BOM

It's the second month of the Classic Meets Modern BOM hosted by Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation.

You can click here to see my January blocks.

I started with the two 6.5-inch Greek Cross blocks.





 I am so happy with my Kona colours:  White, Steel, Turquoise, Berry, Pool, Parrot, and Royal.


I started on the Nested Churn Dash block, which turned out to be a 24.5-inch block.  I really need to start reading patterns more carefully.  LOL  I planned to go to bed at a decent hour last night, but I really wanted to finish this block, so I stayed up late to finish.  It was little painful dragging myself out of bed this morning.  😪



There's still time to join in with the quilt along.



Linking up with:

Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts
WIP Wednesday @ The Needle and Thread Network
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter



12 comments:

  1. I like the color gradations in the churn dash. It's fun to wake up to something complete, but my body clock wins every time. The sun goes down, and I'm sleepy. Always amazed by those that can stay up late. You got a lot done so maybe you can trade it for a snooze today? You may need it, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stay up late sewing, when I'm tried I make silly mistakes. Your blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Kona colours look fantastic! I can't wait to see your blocks come together. This is going to be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, la la! I’m loving your color choices for these blocks, Anja!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good Greek Block! I am so glad you are doing this QAL! I debated doing it, instead I'll follow along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors look great together, and you definitely made me laugh about staying up late to work on this block. I usually make so many mistakes at night I have to set it aside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what beautiful colors! Perfect for a modern challenge. Thanks so much for linking to Wednesday Wait Loss. We've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful blocks Anja. I hope you got through work o.k.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These blocks are beautiful, Anja! I know how it is when you need to stay up late to finish something. I do the same thing!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am also in the group who cannot stay up late to sew. That the block didn’t need unpicking in the morning would be a win in my book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.