Friday, January 12, 2018

TGIFF - Scattered Squares

I had the pleasure of testing a pattern for Sarah @ Sarah Goer Quilts.  The pattern was easy, and I loved that I could chain piece the blocks.  It didn't take long to piece the top.  This is the lap size, measuring 60 x 84 inches.


The quilting motif is a boxy meander in grey thread.  I like this motif but need more practice.


Kona:  Silver, Indigo, and Sour Apple.


It's hard to get decent photos of such a large quilt.  I thought I had the solution by pinning it to the shed in my backyard.  But the shadows of the tree got in the way.


You should sign up to receive Sarah's newsletter so you'll be notified when this pattern is released.


If you have a finish this week, here's your chance to share it with everyone:

Thank Goodness It's Finish Friday @ Rainbows. Bunnies. Cupcakes
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hand Quilts 
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation 


13 comments:

  1. Love the colour scheme, the sour apple is so zingy with the indigo and silver, love the combination. i really like your quilting, I haven't done a boxy meander before but I would love to try it, it works great with the quilt. Congratulations on a lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boxy meander quilting suits this quilt top beautifully. Congratulations on the finish; do you have plans for the quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color combo. Your choice of quilting is perfect for this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photo with the shadows! It gives the quilt 'atmosphere'! I want to try that FMQ technique/pattern to but my lines are way more wonky than yours! You did a great job in this Anja! It really works well with the quilt's boxes and squares.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! on your newly completed quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Beautiful finish! Great job on the quilting. I have a very difficult time with that quilting motif. Almost anything that requires me to do a straight line :) You have to love when a quilt is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how those green squares dance around the top. I think the square motif suits this quilt. It's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Your quilting is pretty good — I’ve quilted it once before and it’s not as easy as it seems! Taking pictures of big quilts in the winter months is so hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You chose the perfect quilting design for that pattern, Anja!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very chic, very modern. It is beautiful, Anja!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, what a lovely finish! Any hints on the boxy meander quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all Sarah's quilts, I like the clean crisp lines of her designs. And I like your colour combination but am missing your trade mark orange. I like the spooky photo of the tree shadow, very atmospheric

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.