Friday, January 26, 2018

TGIFF - Magnolia Mystery Quilt

I finished the November and December instructions AND finished my Magnolia Mystery Quilt, a mystery quilt along hosted by Cheryl @ Meadow Mist Designs.  This quilt was my January One Monthly Goal.


As you can see, I went a tad bold and used a medium print for the background.  Blue and orange play so well together.  The quilt finishes 60 x 67 inches.


Here's a close up of the flower blocks.  There were seven full blocks and four half blocks.


Since there was a lot going on in the background, I did an all-over loop stipple in white thread.



There was no plan for the final destination of this quilt.  Earlier this week, I showed the quilt top to a friend, who said she loved it.  As luck would have it, it's her birthday next month.

Cheryl's mystery quilt alongs are always fun, and the monthly sewing is not overwhelming.  I highly recommend that you check them out.


If you have a finish this week, here's your chance to share it with everyone:

Thank Goodness It's Finish Friday @ Musings of a Menopausal Melon
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hand Quilts 
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation 


19 comments:

  1. Beautiful magnolia quilt! Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true: blue and orange play well together! (I made two blue and orange quilts last year myself.) And the particular shades you used work especially well here. The aqua makes me smile; it's so happy. I love that you chose to bind in the same color. It looks like the flowers are floating in a sea of blue. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out beautifully and what a happy coincidence to have a home for it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Anja!! I can certainly see why your friend loves it, I do too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and I can see there is going to be a delighted friend about to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great rendition here with that floral background! Yep blue and orange play so well together, probably why you and I get along so well, my friend ha! How wonderful that you are giving it away too! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Orange (my favourite colour) goes so well with blue. This is a beautiful finish and I’m sure your friend will be thrilled. Just doing the binding and label on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun that it didn't take long for you to find out where that quilt is going. Your friend will be thrilled! I really like the combination of solid prints in the design and the printed background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your version of the Magnolia Mystery. It is truly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Excellent finish! The flowers also remind me of little fish too. Such a sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous. I love the way the flowers pop against your background fabric. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful mystery quilt! I love the background fabric, the subtle print adds interest to the negative space without overwhelming the piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice finish!! I really like seeing this mystery. And: Yay for OMGs met. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the blue background with its subtle print. It adds the perfect right amount of interest to that negative space.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful! And lovely that it already has found a home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a striking version of the Mystery, Anja!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty. I love how your quilt came out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your background fabric far more than a solid. As always, hooray for blue and oranges! And lucky friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.