Sunday, January 14, 2018

Project Quilting - Hometown Proud

Project Quilting is a weekly challenge hosted by Kim @ Persimon Dreams.  This is Season 9, and there are six weekly challenges.  The theme of the first challenge was Hometown Proud.



I'm happy to say that I accepted the challenge and was able to complete it around midnight last night, in advance of today's noon deadline.

This wall hanging is 11 x 30 inches and represents my hometown of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.  I've included a lighthouse, a sailboat, and a fishing shed.


Nova Scotia is on the east coast of Canada.  We have a lot of lighthouses.


Dartmouth is called the City of Lakes -- we have a large amount of  lakes.  There is lot of sailing in our lakes and in the harbour (that we share with Halifax).  I used Kona Malibu for the water, and Nova Scotia tartan for the sails.


We have numerous fishing communities in my area and in Nova Scotia.


This is a 2016 Row by Row pattern by Lynn's Quilting Studio.



You can vote for your favourite project here.


16 comments:

  1. Very nice, Anja! I think that the short time frame for these challenges is really an interesting concept and hopefully I can join in on one of the weeks later in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, the use of tartan is perfect. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anja, your little quilt is wonderful! Excellent representation of Dartmouth and Nova Scotia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Anja. Such talent. Thanks for showing our home proudly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I love all of the different fabrics you used, especially the plaid for the sails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful rendition of your area. The tartan sails are inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great depiction of the East Coast .... right down to the Nova Scotia tartan sails to , complete the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun quilt and the tartan sails really add so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great Anja. Are you NS born and bred? Ever lived elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic! I LOVE the tartan sails!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too love the tartan sails and the fabric choice for the rocks.
    It makes me wonder I would include in a mini to represent where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it! The sailboat is pretty darn cool! 😀

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.