Sunday, January 28, 2018

Project Quilting 9.2

It's the second week of Project Quilting hosted by Kim @ Persimon Dreams.  This week's theme was Triangulation.


I had several ideas, but I knew I was going to make a triangle-shaped quilt.  Since I didn't have time to figure out the math, a simple triangle quilt.  These are all Kona colours from my scrap bag.


Simple straight line quilting to form triangle shapes.


It finishes 14.5 inches on each side.  But now the hard part...which way do I hang it??



This is my second triangle-shaped quilt.  I made a mini for Sandra @ Musings of a Menopausal Melon -- you can see it here.  I do need to figure out the best way to miter the binding at the points.

You can vote for your favourite project here.


15 comments:

  1. Choosing the orientation to hand the quilt does seem like the hardest choice. I like that you were able to use scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful! I love the bright fun colors, and the triangle shape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! I love this Anja! It's the perfect combination of geometrics and color! I do feel it needs to be hung with the point up...thats me...and my humble opinion!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your triangle quilt! I just voted for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! It's so unusual to see a triangle shaped quilt. I love the combination of solid colors you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why hang it? I see it looking good on a table under a vase.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how the colors all interact with each other in your triangle design. Those binding corners are pretty tricky but yours looks pretty great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool! The colors are so happy & I love that it’s a triangle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool project! Very different! I would think the binding would be a bit challenging but it looks great to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Use of scraps to make a lovely project..Bonus! Hanging orientation would depend on what is around it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting interpretation! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! Gorgeous in either direction!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't hang it, just lay it out on a pool or billiard table. Actually it would look great on a round table.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.