Saturday, January 27, 2018

How Did That Happen?

I had a post created in my mind for this month's DREAMi link up with Sandra @ Musings of a Menopausal Melon.  But then...squirrel....totally different post.

Last night, I started doing the sub cuts for my Digital Wave quilt so I could start piecing today.  This is a great pattern by Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl.  One thing lead to another, and then it was 12:30 a.m., and I had a finished quilt top.

The quilt top is 72 inches square and consists of four identical blocks.



I used the same Kona colours in the pattern: Evergreen, Celadon, Seafoam, Cream, Curry, and Honey.

It was a bit windy today, so it was difficult to get a decent photo.


And it was just as difficult in the house because the quilt top was too big to fit in the frame.



If the squirrels also paid you a visit, you need to link up with Sandra.



This is one of my FAL Q1 goals.  Since it is an outstanding WIP, I'm linking up with Tish @ Tish's Adventure in Wonderland for her UFO Busting link up.




12 comments:

  1. Wow, Anja, the pattern really sucked you in! It looks wonderful and I am excited to see how you finish it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing, Anja! And I see all of your snow is gone again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pattern of Yvonne's, but if I were sewing after midnight, I would be unpicking not photographing the following morning!
    The squirrelly distractions made me cast on a baby hat this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That seems like a great quick quilt! Can't wait to see how you quilt that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing how you decide to quilt this beauty, Anja! Congratulations on all the progress you made on this lovely UFO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you got distracted by this one :) I love it! Almost all my squirrels end up as WIP/UFO's. Hopefully, this one will not float around for too long. Can't wait to see how you decide to quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the new logo! and this quilt top too

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOLOL 12:30 am...wonder how productive you were the next day at work LOL. Thanks for linking up with DREAMi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great. Thoughts for how to quilt this one?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.