The fabric was already cut out for the last of the zippered pouch kits from my FAL Q4 goals. So it didn't take to long to sew them up, especially since I skipped a step. LOL
As the end of 2017 approaches, we are looking for hosts for 2018 for TGIFF. If you're interested in hosting, sign up here.
This pattern called for batting instead of interfacing. I decided to wait until the batting was needed before I cut the pieces. That was a mistake.
I pieced the front panels and then moved on to the zipper tabs. Somehow, I missed the one sentence in between steps one and two that said add batting. But the time I realized my mistake, I had already sewn on the zippers. No way I was turning back at this point. It was just one sentence, and it didn't even mention quilting.
I did not like this pattern for many reasons, the most frustrating of all was that it required a 14-inch zipper, when a 9-inch or 10-inch would have sufficed. That's a lot of wasted zipper to cut off. I was able to dig through my stash and find smaller ones so I could save the longer ones.
The pattern didn't say whether to use a 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch seam allowance. I went with 1/2 inch as it seems most zippered pouches use that width. I also used a 1.5-inch boxed corner as opposed to the 1-inch as indicated in the pattern. I like my pouch to "stand up" -- the 1-inch corner is just too small.
But all things considered, the pouches turned out okay, even without batting or interfacing. These will join my tickle trunk of gifts.
Even though I had some troubles, I enjoying making all three zippered pouch kits.
If you have a finish this week, here's your chance to share it with everyone: