Friday, November 3, 2017

TGIFF - Gemstones

Back in February, I tested some paper piecing patterns for Andrea @ 3rd Story Workshop.  There are four patterns in her Gemology Series.  You can find Andrea's patterns here.

I procrastinated finishing these wall hangings (about 12 inches) because I didn't know how to quilt them.  In the end, I followed the suggestion in the patterns.

Here is Emerald Cut.



This is Teardrop Cut.



For the above two, I used Kona Torch, Flame, Sunny, Papaya, Kumquat, Orange, and Black.

This is Round Cut.



This is Princess Cut.


For these two, I used Kona White, Silver, Iron, Medium Grey, Coal, Black, and Ivory.

This is the second of my FAL Q4 goals.


If you have a finish this week, consider linking up with:

Thank Goodness It's Finish Friday @ Summer Lee Quilts
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hand Quilts 
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation 



15 comments:

  1. I like the orange ones best! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb work! I love the round cut. You are very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they are all so nice! Well done, Anja! I can't pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on the wall hangings! I've only used one so far in the centre of a quilt top. Still not sure what to do with the rest of them. It was fun to be a tester :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look lovely but the orange ones pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful finishes! I really, really love the orange ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the quilting lines radiating out like the gemstones are sparkling. Congratulations on 4 finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice designs, I love how the oranges one pop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the unique ideas I see people make out of fabric. What a great idea for a special quilt for a birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them all but that Teardrop cut is amazing. I also like the quilting. Looks just like the sun reflections off of a diamond!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice, I like the teardrop and the round cut best, although I prefer the orange for colour. Wish I could paper piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are really pretty. I like the round cut and teardrop best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I love how you quilted these; they have even more depth now! Have enjoyed seeing them and eyes opening wide when they've popped up on Instagram. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you don't hear back from me, you should check to see if you're a no-reply blogger.