Friday, April 21, 2017

TGIFF - Charity Quilt

April has been an extremely busy month for me at work, and I have done very little sewing.  But I did manage to finish a charity quilt that I started here.

I'm participating again in Hands2Help hosted by Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

Confessions Of A Fabric Addict


I did quick organic wavy lines in light pink thread.


I like the texture the quilting gives the quilt.


Although there are designated charities that will receive the quilts made, there is an option for quilters to donate to a local charity of their choice.  This quilt will likely be donated to our local children's hospital.


I will definitely make this pattern again.  It's a great way to use 2.5-inch strips.



If you have a finish this week, consider linking up with:

Thank Goodness It's Finish Friday @ Charly & Ben's Crafty Corner
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hand Quilts 
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation 



18 comments:

  1. great pattern for strips and loving how you have quilted it with a curvy wave

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely bright and happy quit Anja, the texture is wonderful, I love the serpentine stitch. Congrats on another finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty finish! Love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it and I think the quilting is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilt with such a great choice for Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Great choice with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely and bright and will make someone very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, girl! I just can't keep up with you! Awesome quilt! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bra finish and it will be loved and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you have found some time to quilt in the middle of such a busy time at work. Beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun quilt! I am amazed at how many things you are constantly producing! Great finish, Anja!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! on your newly completed charity quilt. LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this quilt. It's gorgeous. The progression on colours from purple through red is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really handy use of jelly roll strips and left over binding strips! Like it a lot! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anja, this is a beautiful finish that will be sure to bring someone lots of love and comfort. Those wavy lines really do give it some wonderful texture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, you should make this pattern again. It looks chic without being overly complex to make.
    Hmmm. Maybe I should make one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is a beauty Anja! There are so many ideas for quick and striking quilts out there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty quilt, and I love the texture the quilting gives it! Thanks for being part of H2H 2017!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.