Wednesday, January 11, 2017

WIP Wednesday - Wind Farm Pattern Testing

For the second time, I've had the opportunity to test a pattern for Leanne @ Devoted Quilter.  Wind Farm is made from three widths of fabric -- 1.5 inches, 2 inches, and 2.5 inches.  I raided my box of 2.5-inch strips and my scrap bag and ended up with a decent pile of blue strips.


Each block is made up of nine strips.  And then a gold strip is appliqued using your preferred method.


The quilt is made up of 30 blocks and finishes at 64 x 76 inches.  I decided to make a smaller baby quilt with just 9 blocks.

I can't wait for spring so I can get better indoor photos.

The blocks sew up quickly if you chain piece the strips together in sets of two.  I think I'm going to do some all over stippling in blue thread (avoiding the gold strips).

You can read about Leanne's version of Wind Farm here.

Click here to sign up to receive Leanne's monthly newsletter -- so you can receive the pattern when it's finalized.


Linking up with:

Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts
WIP Wednesday @ The Needle and Thread Network
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication



8 comments:

  1. Lovely blues and lovely quilt. I think an allover stipple with blue thread will look good with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am surprised there is no orange (maybe the backing??), and I do love that blue! I love seeing how the community comes together and that you test for Leanne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing, Anja! I seriously want to raid your stash for those gorgeous blues :) Thank you for testing for me again. I appreciate it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty blues Anja! Thanks for sharing this loveliness on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the gold addition! Looks like a fun way to add a little something to a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Anja! I've loving your blues also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leanne has some terrific patterns going. I love your colour choices here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.