Friday, December 16, 2016

Finish Friday - Baby Quilt

I was a little delayed in making a quilt for my new baby cousin...a year delayed to be exact.  Oops.  Better late than never I guess.

It was difficult to capture the true colours of all the pinks in this quilt.  When does Spring arrive???

36-inches square

Loop free motion quilting in pink variegated thread.


You can see bits of snow in the background.  Sadly Winter arrived with a vengeance this week.  And it's about -15° (and with windchill, it feels like -25°).  And that's Celsius my friends, not Fahrenheit.  It was so cold today that it hurt my face.  Now I have to go outside and shovel the driveway...sigh....I am sooooooooooo not a Winter person.


If you don't hear from me, you'll know that I'm frozen outside.  😀


Linking up with:

Thank Goodness It's Finish Friday @ Sparrow in Flight
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hand Quilts 
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation 



14 comments:

  1. Oh oh dear, I hope you don't get frozen! We had 10 cm of fresh snow last night, I'll have to get out the snowshoes. The quilt looks nice and snuggly for a not so little baby, congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely quilt Anja! Snow ughh....we have enough of our own right now. It can stop for the rest of winter as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's going to absolutely love it! She'll appreciate it a lot more as a one year old! Sorry it's so cold! For our Fahrenheit friends, that's hovering around zero degrees. I got out of Dodge just in time, didn't I? Whew! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I just love pink baby quilts - I'm working on one myself right now! And I'm so not a Winter person either. It was -34 celcius in Montreal yesterday - there's just no way to hide from that! And it's snowing today. Hence why I'm reading blogs and spending time in my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a finish! Finishes are the BEST!! It seems quite tame compared to the usual out-of-the-box color schemes you usually pick! Hee! Hee! Anja, I really love this quilt. The loopy quilting and striped binding are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! It was 80 here this morning but supposed to be below freezing by the time I wake up tomorrow morning! Brrrr....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! You can never have too much pink!
    I have only ever once been almost (not quite) that cold, and that was on the top of a mountain at a ski resort in Japan! I cannot imagine how you can go outside and not die.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your FMQ shows through so nicely! Curious now, will you be waiting for spring so it's color appropriate, or gifting it straight out?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the backing and binding, Anja, and your loop quilting is so confidently done. I hope the quilt gets a lot of use and love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's a quilt worth waiting for Anja, and your quilting looks lovely. I think you should just stay indoors and quilt all winter, toooooooo cold! While in my corner of Northeast England it is unseasonably warm, 6 degrees celsius today, and I haven't fallen once walking the dogs, win win.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pinks in this quilt, they are so bright and perfect for a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's adorable and I really love the colours in the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delayed for events, you're talking to the queen of that syndrome....this is adorable and that baby will likely haul this around until it gets all frayed with love right?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.