Wednesday, July 6, 2016

WIP Wednesday - Fancy Fox

I recently stocked up on thread from Connecting Threads, and since we were already at free shipping (a group purchase), I decided to look around.  And what did I find...a sale on a kit for Fancy Fox II by Elizabeth Hartman.  I've been wanting to make this pattern for a long time, and even in US dollars, it was a deal that I couldn't pass up -- pattern and fabric included.


A closeup of that adorable face.


And imagine my surprise that I was able to make two pillows out of the fabric provided (just needed to do a little piecing of the border in the second pillow).  I'm not sure yet if there's enough backing fabric for both pillows, so I might need to search the stash.



I haven't decided yet if I'll add the glasses.  I think these will make a great gift.

Maybe I'll try Hazel Hedgehog II next....


14 comments:

  1. One of my favourite patterns. These are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite patterns. These are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those faces are so sweet... and orange! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. Maybe one with glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute and love the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't made any of Elizabeth Hartman's creatures yet. Yours are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This pattern is on my list of projects to do one day. Yours are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable. Anyone that added these guys to their home, would be happy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this foxy duo! The orange and green together is a winning combo. You should definitely try Hazel, she's adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are adorable. I've been eyeballing Hazel but haven't committed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do not think they need glasses, but perhaps it is best to chack with a trained optometrist. :)
    They will be cute cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! I really like these foxes. You could always draw out how the glasses are suppose to look on clear plastic and then place them over the block. It would give you an idea if you like the glasses or not without doing any changing to the block. I've read about longarm quilters doing the same for quilting patterns. I think I would be tempted to add the glasses :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Random blog reading tonight , catching up on missed blog posts . I love the foxy fox . I "did" the hedgehog and would love to sew the fox too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.