Monday, July 11, 2016

Finish Along 2016 - Q3 Goals

It's hard to believe that 2016 is half over.  Where does the time go?

I've been playing along with Finish Along 2016 in an attempt to keep me focused on unfinished projects and to get them finished in a timely manner.  Every quarter, you set goals, with the hope to achieve them all.  I achieved all my goals for Q1 and Q2.  Yeah me!!

I've decided to stretch my boundaries, and I'm setting six goals for Q3.  I've been linking up via Leanne at She Can Quilt; however, there are many hosts that you can link up with.

1.  Wonky Mini Charms
This is a mini quilt top I finished here back in April.  I'm not sure why I haven't quilted it, but it's now in the queue.  Just need to figure out how to quilt it.


2.  Notched
This is another quilt top I finished back in April.  I have avoided this one because I have no clue on how to quilt it.


3.  Mini MMQG Logo
This little paper pieced logo for the Maritime Modern Quilt Guild from April is destined to be a bag or a mini.  I just need to put my mind to it and make a decision.


4.  One Block Wonder Baby Quilt
Oops....this is another WIP from April.  It appears I was very productive creating quilt tops in April...I just didn't follow through and quilt them.  This is the Diamond Path block designed Sandy @ Upstairs Hobby Room.


5.  One Block Wonder Baby Quilt - Purple Version
I liked the Diamond Path block so much, I made a purple and green version.


6.  Wonky Large Charms
I really enjoyed the wonky charm tutorial by Jayne @ Twiggy and Opal that I decided to make a quilt using 5-inch charms.  I used Kona Pear for the background.  This one is for me.


A closeup of some of the gorgeous orange squares.  I used the charm pack I received from Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge for our Bee Christmas exchange.



I hope I am productive over the summer and can get all these projects finished by the end of September.  The key is not to start too many new projects before finishing these...aka all the wonderful new patterns I bought for May is for Makers...I see several vacation days being scheduled in the name of quilting.

2016 FAL


11 comments:

  1. What wonderful plans for the summer. Good luck with your future finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your flimsies, large and small! I found that having minis in the queue is a good thing. When I'm FMQing, and there isn't enough thread on the bobbin to continue, I grab a mini and finish off the bobbin. Good luck with this ambitious list of goals! Bet you can make a huge dent in it! Enjoy your week! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of pretties! I'm particularly fond of the orange charm squares on the pear kona. The simple background and setting really let's all those juicy orange prints shine!
    Well done! Have fun quilting all the things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess you will be doing a lot of quilting Anja. I look forward to seeing what you do. How big is the wonky charms quilt? It looks like a fun one for a donation quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job, you've certainly had a productive half year! Looks like you'll be a quilting queen this quarter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the saturated color you use. I love your Notched quilt. Are you looking to do an all over pattern or something block specific? A diagonal crosshatch would be "quick and easy".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....6....you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember seeing all these great projects when you posted about them. I can see that little sail boat on the front of a beach themed bag. I think all of these are very attainable goals. I'll be over here cheering you on from the sidelines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quilt the logo, make it into a mini, mini for the collection. No blood, sweat or tears went into the making of the pattern, just a few curse words, lol, but it needs to be finished. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great goals! I love the MMQG piece. I wonder if the guild will sell that pattern to the members who couldn't get to retreat. I'd love to make it. Love the colours/fabrics you used for your large Wonky Charm quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How about straight line quilting echoing maybe on the Notched quilt - is that too simple for it? Beautiful boat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.