Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Year End Wrap Up

As the end of 2015 approaches, I look back on the list of projects I wanted to accomplish this year.   I basically completed my list, with a few exceptions.

* five charity quilts - completed here and here

* four quilts in various stages of being pieced that I take to Sew Ins - still in progress - Perhaps if I'd stop starting new projects, these would be finished already.

* quilt-as-you-go pillows - tossed out - No more working on projects I don't enjoy.

Gray Square Scramble - completed here

Mini Lotus - completed here

Seaside table runner - completed here 

Tankini table runner - completed here 

* Doll quilt for goddaughter - completed here 

Wishes Quilt Along - changed my mind - other projects piqued my interest more

Triangle Quilt Along - completed here

* Two Baby Quilts - completed here

Night Sky from Jaybird Quilts - completed here - but only the quilt top - I haven't decided on how to quilt it, and I don't want to rush making a decision.

* Radiant Star (or Lone Star) - did not start as I couldn't decide on fabric and I lost interest in the pattern

Plus Quilt - completed here

Kona Sunset Charm Squares - completed here

* Quilt of Valour project - did not start as I did not find a pattern I wanted to use

Fox and Friends from Sew Fresh Quilts - completed here

* Debby Kratovil's Block of the Month 2015 - did not start as I didn't choose fabric.  I may complete in 2016.

* Charity quilts for our local children's hospital - completed here and here and here

* HST blocks for Maritime Modern Quilt Guild charity quilts - completed here

* Coiled fabric bowls - did not end up making more bowls


I started and completed other projects that were not on my original list.  And the projects I didn't finish were as a result of my choosing not to make them.

I'm working on my list for 2016.  The list is just a guideline to help keep me focused so I don't lose sight of projects.

I bid farewell to a wonderful 2015.  And look forward to an even better 2016.



4 comments:

  1. Too many ideas not enough time definitely resonates with me. Good luck with your new list Anja.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a busy bee! Good for you for achieving so many of your 2015 goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow did you ever do well Anja! I'm with Lisa on the too many ideas not enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, there were so many that you completed, congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.