Friday, August 21, 2015

TGIFF - HST Baby Quilts for Charity

I have this habit of making quilt tops and then putting them away before they are quilted.  Piecing is my favourite part of quilting, the actual quilting not so much.  There are so many patterns  I want to try -- I just keep making tops...and more tops...and more tops.

I finished two baby quilts that are destined for our local children's hospital.  These tops were pieced back in May, but they were put away and forgotten about.

Kona:  Deep Blue, Torch, and Shadow




The HST's were made from the cut-off corners from this commissioned quilt.



Linking up with:

TGIFF hosted by M-R @ Quokka Quilts

Finish it up Friday hosted by Crazy Mom Quilts


9 comments:

  1. I love the colours and how they are slightly different from one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These will surely make some child very, very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look super cool - so striking. I know what you mean about piecing and then not quilting, I have the same issue sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same problem, I love piecing but put off the quilting! Although I don't have room to store pieced tops so that forces me to finish them (eventually)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great! I love how just two triangles of a different color can make such a difference in the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like big blocks and I cannot lie... now that's my kinda quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Twins! Congratulations, Anja! Both are really sweet. And will be greatly appreciated. I feel the same way about quilting. That's why I use those organic wavy lines so much. Fast and finished is good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great! I'm not a big fan of orange but that little pop of it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun little HST quilts! I'm sure the parents at the IWK will love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.