Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunday Success

Riding on the high of yesterday's sew day, I finished a quilt that has been hanging around in my sewing room for far too long.

This is a strip quilt using the tutorial at Quilts + Color.

Strip Quilt

I cut the red accent pieces 2.5-inch square rather than the 2.5 x 4.5 inch rectangle as indicated in the tutorial.  Next time, I'll skip the borders.  I thought the quilt needed to be "framed" -- but the borders were just a nuisance in the quilting process.

When I started this quilt, I considered who the recipient might be.  One name popped into my mind, but I dismissed it.  When I pulled out the quilt last night to have it ready for quilting today, the same name popped into my mind.  Okay...you don't have to hit me over the head.  My friend turns 50 in a few months; however, I've decided to give it to him early, as we have learned first hand this week, that tomorrow is promised to no one.

My goal for this week is to start sandwiching (and hopefully quilting) the five quilt tops taking up space in my sewing room.  I've vowed not to start anything new until these quilts are finished.

What are your sewing goals for this week?

3 comments:

  1. You're a quilt finishing machine these days, Anja! Way to go on getting another one off the WiP list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speedy Gonzales this weekend girl! Very impressed :) Come finish some of mine would ya?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anja, you are a machine! That quilt turned out quite nice and I thing the red border does frame it nicely, even if it was a nuisance. Good luck on your goal of sandwiching FIVE quilt tops. I am tired just thinking about it! My goal? Finish quilting the plus quilt I sandwiched on Saturday. I will not be distracted. I. will. not. be. distracted.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.