Saturday, July 12, 2014

They are Done!!!

Two years.  32 8.5-inch blocks.  16 HST's per block.  512 HST's in total.  My Shweshwe blocks are finally completed!  I bought the fabric in July 2012 when I visited South Africa.  You can read about Shweshewe fabric here.  Here are some of the blocks:


Shweshwe Blocks

I was super productive today at the Maritime Modern Quilt Guild Sew In today.  The day started with a mere 8 blocks completed, and the day ended with all 32 blocks completed.  Give this quilter a gold star.

I handed in my MMQG block for the new guild banner.  We received the fabric Thursday night.  Thinking that Linda would be the first to have her block completed, I made it a point to get my block done last night because I didn't want to be the last person to hand it in at the August meeting.  Imagine my surprise...I was the only one with a completed block today.  Give this quilter another gold star.

Block for MMQG Banner


Have been slowing moving out of my comfort zone and trying some new techniques such as improv piecing.

The Jawbreaker pillow looked lonely, so voila...another one.


Jawbreaker Pillows

Next week is another opportunity to continue making sewing a part of my regular routine.  We had a great discussion today at Sew In about quilters being identified as traditional, modern, etc.  Do what makes you happy.  That's my plan.  I'm a quilter...end of...no identifier needed.  So give this quilter another gold star.




3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you finished your Shweshwe blocks! And I'm so sad to have missed the Sew In... sounds like there were some great conversations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were a "sewing machine" on Saturday! So nice to have your blocks done. And I love your block for the banner. Very cool! I have one made and I just can't decide on what to make for the second one. Your Jawbreaker pillows are just fabulous! Yes, you get a gold star for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting your blocks done. You must feel wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.