Friday, July 4, 2014

Finish Friday...the end of Vacation Productivity

It's been an awesome week of vacation.  I went to see the Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo with Eastern Passage Girl Guides on Tuesday.  And I sewed every day this week.  I can't believe the week has gone by so fast.  I'm trying not to think that Monday is only two days away -- I don't want to go back to work -- I want to continue to sew!!!  I'm hoping that the lottery ticket I purchased in Mahone Bay yesterday is a winner tomorrow night -- then I can stay home and sew every day.

I finished the second baby quilt -- the other half of the original plus quilt (see here on how one quilt became two).  Once the label is sewn on, it will be delivered.

 
 

 

I discovered the Aurifil thread works great on my machine -- but I had to use a 70/10 needle and double the usual tension.  The thread did not break using this size needle, except when I first started quilting and that might have been because I was going a tad too fast.  I am pleased with the results.  I would like to try to 40wt but can't seem to find it around here.

I also made two pillow using Jaybird Quilts Candy Dish pattern.


As you can see, today's photos were taken in the middle of the peony bushes.  It was a bit of a gray day, but I think I managed to capture the colours quite well.

Today, I whipped up a Jawbreaker pillow from Jaybird Quilts.



And finally...a new ironing board cover.  I fit the new one (including a piece of batting) right over the old one.  I went bright and cheery.  And although I steered away from my favourite orange, there is orange in the print -- I couldn't resist.



It's not easy getting a good photo of an ironing board, but you can see that it's bright.

It's Friday...so I'm linking up with Quokka Quilts.






3 comments:

  1. I love your hexie cushions. You've given me a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pillows look great! Here's to productive week's of vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a productive week! Love the pillows and the quilt! What a great way to spend your free time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.