Saturday, June 21, 2014

Quilt Top Finishes

The week started out with a F.A.R.T (for you non-quilters, check out the quilting abbreviations at Quarter Inch from the Edge) on Monday with QJ.  We stopped for lunch on the way, and then we put a dent in our shopping lists.  But this was after a trip to my LQS on my own first thing in the morning before meeting up with QJ.  And then after the F.A.R.T., we ended up back at our LQS.  Three fabric purchases in one day...that's an all-time personal best.

On the way to quilt club on Thursday, I had to run to the LQS for an item for a commissioned project and ran into QJ.  You'd think we had already purchased enough fabric three days previous.  Enjoyed a great quilting day with three of the four Squares (QJ and QD) today...and of course, we ended up the LQS.  And more fabric was purchased.  I think my credit card is going to start smoking from all the use this week.

I finished a quilt top today for a commissioned project in the QPP (quilt protection plan).  Here is a sneak peek...the beginnings of a pillow from the scraps.



I received the June fat quarter collection from Sew Sisters Quilt Shop.  Since it was novelty prints, it screamed baby quilt.  This will be a gift for one of the Judges I work with -- for his new grandson who was born last month.  Sssh...don't spill the beans.


I bought some Aurifil thread during one of my many fabric shopping expeditions this week.  Several members of Maritime Modern Quilt Guild rave about this thread and how much better free-motion quilting is with it, so I'm going to give it a try.

It was a productive week, and I managed to finish two quilt tops on my Library Project (hosted by Chezzetcook Modern Quilts.  You can read about my projects here.



I'm amazed at how much sewing was done this week when I had so little time.  Tomorrow I hope to finish up the QPP project and the baby quilt.

I hope your week ended as productively and as fun as mine did.  Quilting is a good stress release and makes me happy.

Linking up with Chezzetcook Modern Quilts.

4 comments:

  1. Anja, I absolutely love the baby quilt! I am also a member of Sew Sisters monthly Fat Quarter club (bargain lovers). I love getting my Fat Quarter package every month! I'm just in love with what you achieved with those Fat Quarters. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lookin' good, Anja. Hard to believe you've got this many finishes in one week... or quite so many trips to the fabric store! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on fire chick! So many great projects. Your postage stamps looks awesome. Totally jealous of all of that shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow, Anja, you are so productive! I love the last quilt on the bottom. that "mistake" does not really matter now that it is all put together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.