Monday, February 8, 2016

4 x 7 Sewing Challenge - Week 1

This is the second year I've participated in the 4 x 7 Sewing Challenge hosted by Berry Barn Designs.

Berry Barn Designs

I didn't have a lot of time this week to sew, but I managed to do a little bit each day.

Days 1, 2, 3, and 4:  I worked on making mini hexies.  The plan is to make myself a mini sewing case for needles, etc.  But now I can't seem to find the instructions and templates.  Guess I need to go on a hunting mission.



Days 5, 6, and 7:  I made progress on the January challenge for the Mighty Lucky Quilting Club. The challenge was to create something using homemade bias tape.


I've finished the piece but don't want to reveal it until I have it quilted.


Are you doing any selfish sewing this week?


10 comments:

  1. Those hexies look so tiny! And I'm loving the sneak peek of the bias tape, can't wait to see it finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking that sneak peek as well. Hardly any sewing going on with me this week. I am doing some selfish book reading though. Have you dug yourself out from all the snow yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. For now sewing has been put on the back burner for the week, but I'm still doing quilty stuff. Those are the tiniest hexies ever. They will look great on a sewing case. And look at you being a tease with that bias tape :) I'll be watching for the big reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pee of the bias tape, I can't swait to see how you decide to quilt it and for the big reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doing a little bit each day still moves you forward. Love the bright hexies and I'm intrigued by your bias tape piece. My selfish sewing, this week, has actually been cutting fabric for a new quilt while I have several.....ok...a lot of UFOs sitting around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of these days I'm going to try out hexies. I need to get the other project I have swirling in my brain out into fabric first, but one of these days..... I'm very intrigued by what you're doing with the bias tape!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sneak peek is definitely intriguing; can't wait to see whatt it is and see it quilted! I have never heard of this, must investigate...stop with the squirrels already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to seeing what you did with the Mighty Lucky bias tape project. The close-ups look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anja, your hexie palette is perfect! Can't wait to see the finish. And I jumped ahead for the bias tape... neat mini! You had a great first week : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. The missing pattern will turn up when you least expect it. I lost a packet of quilting needles for a year. They popped out of hiding when I bought a new packet. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.