Monday, January 11, 2016

2016 Finish Along - Q1 Goals

I've decided to play along with the 2016 Finish Along.

2016 FAL


I've decided to set four goals to complete before the end of March.

1.  Nautical Mini Quilt - This mini quilt is already pieced and needs to be quilted.



2.  Meadow Mist Mystery Quilt - We just received the final piecing instructions -- the blocks were finished in December.  Our finished quilt tops must be submitted to Meadow Mist Designs by March 8 as part of the quilt along.



3.  Additions Baby Quilt - This was a pattern I tested for Julia @ Jada's Quilting Adventures.  Several people have suggested a boxy meander for the quilting, so I'm going to try something new.



4.  Ocean Sky - This is another pattern I tested -- for Brianna @ The Iron & Needle.  Still not sure how to quilt it.



Linking up my 2016 FAL goals with Leanne at She Can Quilt.


10 comments:

  1. It will be great to see these all become finishes this quarter, Anja!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing your finishes as well. I love the Ocean Sky quilt and your bold colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these are very manageable goals. And good for you trying a new fmq filler. I don't think I have tried that one, so I will be interested to hear how you like the boxy meander.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, I like the Ocean Sky quilt top, very striking! Looks like you've got a lot of quilty fun to be had. Excited to see how you quilt all these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a yummy bunch of tops in need of quilting! Can't wait to see the progression of their finishes!!! Good lucj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I especially love the nautical mini!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anja, I love the Nautical Mini. You are going to be spending a bit of time in your sewing room this quarter!! Good luck completing your projects. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait to see you complete your goals....and also to see some new finishes that you come up with through the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great line-up of projects! I really love that nautical quilt. Good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, looks like you've got some fun projects to work on this quarter! Not that I'm at all biased...ha. I really love that nautical mini that Yvonne designed, it's so crisp and perfect. I can see straight line quilting working well with it. I've used a boxy meander a few times and enjoyed it, hope you like it! I debated how to quilt my ocean sky and scribbled around on the pattern for a bit. I opted for just meanders and loops in a colour that would blend in with the back. I just need to bind it, tweak the pattern and it's good to go :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.