Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday Finish: ALYOF March Goal

The snow is finally melting!!!  Bye bye snow!!  Well...there's still plenty of snow, but I haven't had to shovel in days, so I'm happy...so very happy.  And it's Friday!!  And I have a finish!!!

My ALYOF March goal was to finish the Mini Lotus pattern by Jaybird Quilts.  It took some time to get accustomed to the tiny pieces, but I have to (reluctantly) admit that I did enjoy making this project.  And I tried wavy/organic quilting.

Mini Lotus

This will hang on the dining room wall to match the Seaside table runner finished back in January.

Seaside

Not much productivity this month due to all the shovelling of snow.  But will be making an effort to get back on track next week.  Tomorrow is MMQG's monthly Sew In.  A day of sewing and socializing with like-minded friends...what a great way to end the week.

Linking up with ALYOF over at Sew BitterSweet Designs and  TGIFF hosted by Simply Pieced.


My Button            

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful finish, Anja. I love the Mini Lotus and the colours you picked are gorgeous! And the organic wavy lines are great. Hope the snow melts soon :) Bring on Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for finishing your mini lotus, Anja! Love the contrast of the blue and orange and you chose some great fabrics for this pattern. This will look fabulous hanging next to that gorgeous runner. Hope you have a wonderful Saturday at the Sew In!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Did you use the Hex n More ruler for that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Did you use the Hex n More ruler for that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. great finish, and I do think you might have jinxed us with all of that "no snow" talk. I don't know about you but I was shoveling this morning :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo! Another finish.... even with all that snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! I love your mini lotus quilt! Your color choices are fabulous! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.