Friday, February 13, 2015

TGIFF - A Quilt in a Day!

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you ignore housework and others tasks that need to be done.  Today was an extremely productive vacation day -- a baby quilt completed from start to finish.

Decided to use the leftover fabric from a commissioned quilt:



Instead of my usual diagonal quilting, I decided straight-line quilting on both sides of the seam.  I've seen Adrienne over at Chezzetcook Modern Quilts do this and thought I'd give it a try.  I like it...I like it a lot.

Aren't these owls the cutest!



Hoping to be as productive tomorrow, although I do need to do a bit of housework and laundry.  On Sunday, I'm off to a workshop hosted by Scrapmaster to learn how to make fabric postcards.  Can't wait!

TGIFF is hosted by M-R over at Quilt Matters.  Drop by to see what she's been up.

Also linking up with Finish it up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts.


5 comments:

  1. Cute quilt - and very impressive that you managed to complete it in a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the owls too! Isn't it fun to get it all done in a day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those little owls... but then I have them in blue and in pink! And don't forget - quilting forever, housework whenever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A much better use of your time than housework for sure! So cute, Anja! I love that straight-line echo quilting too. I use it on a lot of my Wee Spy quilts too. Have fun today! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice quilting! I love that method, simple stupid easy but looks great too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.