Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Blogathon Canada: Atlantic Canada Day

It's Atlantic Canada Day on Blogathon Canada!  Sew Sisters Quilt Shop is once again hosting Blogathon Canada, which showcases bloggers across Canada.  My friend Linda over at Scrapmaster is one of today's featured bloggers.  I encourage you to check out what Linda has been up to and to visit other bloggers across the country.



So a little bit about myself.  I started quilting in 2003 when I took a class at my LQS to make a quilt for my nephew.  It was a flannel rail fence.  And it was tied, not quilted.  A project never to be repeated.  Sadly, that quilt has gone on to quilt heaven.  But don't worry, nephew has received many, many quilts over the years to make up for it.



Adrienne over at Chezzetcook Modern Quilts started The Library Project at the beginning of the year.  I wanted to win a prize, so I started my blog so I could participate.  You can read about my project choices here.

Who knew I'd have so much fun with the blog and that I would meet so many nice people.  Bloggers are so friendly and are always willing to provide advice and information.  I now have some new ideas for my blog.

I finished my fourth and final Library Project back in October.  So what to do?  I still wanted to participate (and to win a prize, of course) so I added another project to my list.

Jenn over A Quarter Inch From the Edge has been into English Paper Piecing hexies.  I am not a fan of hand quilting, but Jenn raves about EPP, so I thought I'd give it a try.  Here is my finished pillow.



It's a small pillow at 14 inches, but I'm happy with my first adventure with EPP.



I hope you enjoy visiting Atlantic Canada today.  Whatever you are working on this week, I hope you are having fun.

Thanks for stopping by to visit with me.


19 comments:

  1. Good Morning, Anja. Your lovely, bright and cheerful pillow is making me re-think my hesitation about trying English paper piecing! I love how you quilted those hexies as well - it just looks great! So nice to meet you as part of today's Maritime bloggers tour - I love that Sew Sisters hosts this event....so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet a fellow NS blogger , love your hexie pillow , so pretty and colorful , I bet you are now hooked on EPP :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous pillow! I am making hexies in my spare time, but they are so small...love the size of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing what everybody makes. Pretty quilt and pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that rainbow hexie pillow!! I've always got a stack of EPP hexagons on the go, great how they add up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings from Cape Breton! I'm just loving that pillow! How nice you are enjoying your blog. It's the most fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'd think you were blogging for years! Your hexie cushion is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Hexie pillow! I still haven't tried EPP yet....someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pillow! Colors are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That pillow is stunning!! I've been thinking about starting a blog but don't know the first thing about starting. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been quilting seriously ?? since 1996 though I did make my first big quilt in 1987. It also needs to go to quilt heaven as it is mostly in tatters. I still have a chunk of it but our pets were not too kind to it :O(
    Happy creating and enjoy the blog hop.
    Regards from Alberta,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Anja, that pillow is gorgeous! I see Jenn finally got you all hooked up on hexies. I better stay away from her...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cushion, love how you quilted it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pillow is wonderful!! I love all the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't realize just how much fun blogging would be when I started either! I love your EPP pillow. The colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Anja! Waving to you from Fredericton NB. Had fun looking around your blog and seeing all your great work. Love the EPP hexie pillow!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Anja! Waving to you from Fredericton NB. Had fun looking around your blog and seeing all your great work. Love the EPP hexie pillow!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cushion, such bright happy fabrics. I am visiting from northeastern BC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.