Saturday, October 25, 2014

Successful Sew In

Today was Sew In with the Maritime Modern Quilt Guild.  I always debate on how many projects to take.  Take too many, and you don't finish them all so you feel like you didn't accomplish anything. Take too little, and you finish them all early and then don't have anything to work on.

First up on the list was to finish the binding on my Candy Scraps from Moda Bake Shop...because I ran out of thread on the last side and wasn't able to finish it before heading out to Sew In.  Project one...done.







Next up was a zippered pouch.  I've been wanting to try the Open Wide Zippered Pouch from Noodlehead ever since I eyed the ones made by Jenn over at A Quarter Inch from the Edge.  You can check out her recent creations here.  Project two...done.




At the September meeting of MMQG, we had a zippered pouch exchange -- bring a pouch, receive a pouch.  I received a great bag made by Linda over at Scrapmaster.  Linda shared her pattern, and I decided to make it for the zippered pouch exchange MMQG is doing with the Victoria Modern Quilt Guild.  I had to read some sections of the pattern more than once and had to consult with QD as I had no idea what the instructions meant.  But once it was finished, all the directions did make sense.  Project three...done.



The last on the list was the Seaside Table Runner from Jaybird Quilts.  The pieces are diamond shaped, and I was having trouble lining them up properly.  So I thought I'd give it another try today.  Sadly, still no luck.  But then Dominique over at The Running Thimble gave me a very helpful hint.  It creates more work as you have to mark all the pieces, but...success!!   Perfect alignment.  Thanks Dominique.  I managed to get some of the pieces marked.  Project four...in progress.
 
Linking up with Sew Can She for Show Off Saturday.  What do you have to show off this weekend?
 
 
 
 







2 comments:

  1. NIce Pics! This sew in was super productive. Next time more than one project for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were super productive this week-end! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.